Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Williamsport: City of Decay and Abandoned Dreams
A look through the alleys of a former home to wealth and industry
While outsiders have undoubtedly commented on the dilapidated and drug riddled nature of a plethora of neighborhoods around the city, I feel it is more relevant, sentimental, and honest for an insider to detail the extent of this once great city's collapse. Born in the hospital that is now run by Susquehanna Health, living within the city limits for the large majority of my life, I have an intimate knowledge of my hometown. I have heard endless hours of tales of the prosperous and opulent past of this ghost town from family and friends who have bared witness to this continuous downfall. From the information I've gathered and seen for myself, I can say honestly that this city has one hell of a story to tell.
Rather than telling the story of Williamsport from a distance or even interviewing other residents, I think it'll be interesting to take you readers on a trip through the back alleys of the town, to tell part of the story that hasn't been told.
This journey will be documented through both words and pictures to better convey the what I uncover. So subscribe/follow this blog and I'll routinely update it with trips through one alley at a time!  

Thanks to Kevin Morrow for pointing out my lack of proof reading, hopefully I got all of the mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment